Jimmy the Brewmaster is excited for the release of his Vienna Lager. Oktoberfest is right around the corner. Incredibly fortuitous, unplanned and random timing!
What do you think the chances are that a famous Scandinavian retailer designates its Schaumberg, IL store as “South Ikea” and the soon-to-be open Oak Creek, WI store as “North Ikea?”
Speaking of IKEA, I was asked to list my favorite things about Switzerland. The Swiss flag is a big plus.
The incomparable Pat McCurdy plays at City Lights this Wednesday. Pat is like an iconic Milwaukee legend.
If you are a long-term planner (long term planning for me is ordering dinner in a restaurant) here are a couple of important dates to remember:
· September 8th - Ryan McIntyre @ 7PM
· September 9th - Paddygrass @ 7PM
· September 15th – Oktoberfest Opens at City Lights
· September 16th – Jackson Park Jazz @4PM
· September 20th – Pat McCurdy @7PM
· September 23rd – Ultimate Beer Run
· September 23rd – Tom Brusky and his Polka Band @ 7PM
· September 23rd – Open Doors Milwaukee
· September 24th – Open Doors Milwaukee
· September 30th – We’re closing at 4PM
· October 7th – East Side Pilates at noon.
· October 11th – Pat McCurdy @7PM
· October 14th - Last day of Oktoberfest! Tom Brusky at his Polka Band at 7PM
Registration is white-hot for the Ultimate Beer Run to benefit Menomonee Valley Partners. Register here and enjoy the trifecta of Saturday morning wonders: Exercise. Beer. Camaraderie. https://endurance.active.com/CityLightsBrewingCompany0#/active/endurance/event/setup/eventSummary?e=46468353&_nid=12127473
77 year-old singer Tom Jones recently postponed his tour because of a medical condition. For a person his age, it’s not unusual.
This week only, while supplies last we are selling the iconic City Lights Tap Handle for $50. Own your own piece of brewing memorabilia.
Have the best Labor Day ever!